Wednesday 4 February 2015

Jan 2015 - Resolution Update Reorganising


January has become the month of choice to redecorate my bedroom. I've managed to take out 8 carrier bags of clothes to the charity shop. There was quite a bit that I found that I'd forgotten I owned to begin with! Any denim has gone in a bag to create something with - watch this space.






I've completely taken my desk apart and replaced it with a storage unit. We got one of those 9 box white units from B&Q. They do a range of fabric boxes to fit the shelves (although the colours are a bit limited) and additional shelves to half the height.
B&Q Shelving unit

This has massively reduced the space being taken up at the end of the bedroom. So we have now freed up some extra space for a seating area in the bedroom.

In addition to creating a new seating area, we have also now created a brand new feature wall in the bedroom. My husband loves graphic novels and so he participated actively in finding the prints for the walls.

Marvel Universe Feature Wall


The marvel wall was inspired by our new table. We brought it (for £55!) off our friend  (Shabbylicious) who is fabulous at upcycling  furniture. This new table is definitely one of my favourite things in my bedroom. We got it just before christmas. But we have finally sorted the room out enough to move it in! 



The room is definitely not finished yet. But it's a really fun project. It's on hold for the moment though. We're being given a second hand double bed this month. We have one of those solid ones with no space under the bed. 

Our current king size bed takes up a lot of our floor space. We'll be reducing this is to a double and gaining space under the bed. That should help me clear the floor space a little more. 

Keep tuned for further updates!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?